Last updated: August 25, 2015
What Personal Information About Customers Does Wish and Pink Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Wish and Pink. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Wish and Pink. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at wishandpink.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Wish and Pink if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences on our website.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as our pre-populated check out and payment form for return customers and storage of items in your electronic shopping basket between visits.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of wishandpink.com’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Wish and Pink Share the Information It Receives?
• Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases these businesses operate stores at Wish and Pink or sell offerings to you at Wish and Pink. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
• Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We share customer information with these agents as we deem necessary for them to perform their functions.
• Promotional Offers: We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information
including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you. In connection with such business arrangements with third parties we may also share other customer information with third parties who will use it for promotional offers if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party. In addition, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your customer communication preferences on our website.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Which Information Can I Access?
Wish and Pink gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Wish and Pink for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Wish and Pink features as wish lists, and customer reviews.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• Click here to explore products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own website, Site Seeing on the Internet. Children Wish and Pink does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Wish and Pink only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Wish and Pink is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the United States and the European Union. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website.